Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Flickr & Picnik

This beautiful picture of my daughter (left) represents my continual feelings of ahhhhhhhhhh as I continue to explore different digital tools. Whilst the journey thus far has been enjoyable it has also been frustrating having to fiddle with new technologies that I have not used before.

After playing around on the very useful program Picnik I was able to change the colour of the picture to further illustrate my frustration (hence the red face) towards playing around with these digital tools. The original picture was much bigger which meant I had to re size it in order to place it in this post.

According to Kearsley and Schneiderman engaged learning include activities that involve active cognitive processes. Such programs as Flickr and Picnik do this by allowing students to make decisions, evaluate, create and re-create. Through these cognitive processes students learn and improve on such skills as communication, expressing themselves and their imagination. The use of programs like Flickr and Picnik within the classroom have the potential to add variety and stimulus for learning.



Now that I have re-sized, cropped, coloured and uploaded the three featured photo's I feel more comfortable with using such programs as Flickr and Picnik and look forward to using such programs in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment