Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What the BLOG

I guess now that I'm "blogging" I should put it out there my understanding of what a blog actually is and it's functionality for today's learners.

After panicking, stressing and finally settling down and doing some worthwhile reading I have discovered that the blog has derived from the word 'weblog' hence the word 'blog'.

A blog is simply a tool used to publish information online. A blog allows the blogger to publish up to date posts on whatever it is their blog relates to. Generally a blog belongs to one person. However followers of the blog are able to make their contributions on the posted information.

Blogs allow today's learners to easily communicate and share their experiences on the given subject. Students no longer need to be in a classroom forum to have worthwhile discussions. Individual blogs that can be viewed and used by an entire class can only broaden and deepen the opportunity for learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment